Once again we ask that you be an angel to someone in our community. Angel gifts are given to adults with persistent mental health issues and/or physical disabilities. As well due to the wonderful support you have given this project, we are widening our scope this year to include a few families with kids. Please take an angel from the angel arch at the back of the church. Each angel has a name and a suggested gift.
Buy the gift - we ask that you give a new item - and we suggest that you spend $20 to $30 on each gift. Then place the gift in a "GIFT BAG" and return it to St. George's by Sunday December 10th. Please attach the angel to the gift so that we know who it is for. Place returned gifts on one of the front pews.
No time to shop? Pick an angel, slip it into an envelope with money for a gift and put it in the collection basket as soon as possible. We will buy the gift for you.
St George’s Parish “Coram Deo” (“In the Presence of God”) Choir Program
We’re excited to continue the Coram Deo Choir Program for the fall 2017!
- After a great start in the winter/spring of 2017, with an average of 25 children, youth and adults participating, we will continue the Coram Deo choir program
- The Director will again be Dr. Brian Butcher, Professor (Augustine College and Lecturer, University of Toronto) and Assistant Directors will be Megan Bowen and Tim Kennedy
- The program will continue to be offered for ages 8 yrs and older. Families welcomed!
- Repertoire includes Mass settings, motets and traditional hymns as well as simple Gregorian chant tones sung in English
- Typically, practices will be on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the Month (September – December)
- PRACTICE TIMES HAVE CHANGED to accommodate children
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm: Polyphony (Sacred Music repertoire – Adults, youth and Children)
- 8:10 – 8:40 pm (Optional) : Chant (Adults and interested youth and children)
- The choir will sing at Mass on the last Sunday of the month (9 am Mass)
- Practice will begin at 8:15 am (arrival at 8:10 am) before the Mass
- Mass will typically end about 10:00 am
- Fees will be based on interest and assessed at the end of September, but expectations are for fees to be around $70/person (4 months), with “Family Fees” set at $130 (2 people) and $180 (3 people and more). This allows us to pay our conductor and team leader, Dr. Brian Butcher, and to take seriously the need to support beauty and our musicians! Please talk to us if you cannot afford the fees.
- The choir leadership will follow the Archdiocese of Ottawa’s “Responsible Ministry” guidelines and requirements.
|Monday, Sep 11||Moved to Sep 11 because of Labour Day on Sep 4|
|Monday, Sep 18|
|Sunday, Sep 24||Anniversary of Dedication of St George’s Parish|
|Monday, Oct 2||Moved to Oct 2 because Thanksgiving Oct 9|
|Sunday, Oct 29||30th Sunday in OT|
|Possible Wed Nov 1 or Thurs Nov 2 (All Saints or All Souls)||To be confirmed|
|Monday, Nov 6|
|Monday, Nov 20|
|Sunday, November 26||Christ the King|
|Monday, Dec 4|
|Monday, Dec 11|
|Sunday, December 17, 11:30 - 1pm followed by potluck - Advent Concert||Advent Concert followed by potluck|
|Possible Christmas Eve Mass||TBC based on interest and availability|
Please confirm your interest (including names and ages of children) by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st , 2017 to Administrator, Tasha Kennedy: