St George’s Parish “Coram Deo” (“In the Presence of God”) Choir Program
We’re excited to continue the Coram Deo Choir Program for the fall 2017!
- After a great start in the winter/spring of 2017, with an average of 25 children, youth and adults participating, we will continue the Coram Deo choir program
- The Director will again be Dr. Brian Butcher, Professor (Augustine College and Lecturer, University of Toronto) and Assistant Directors will be Megan Bowen and Tim Kennedy
- The program will continue to be offered for ages 8 yrs and older. Families welcomed!
- Repertoire includes Mass settings, motets and traditional hymns as well as simple Gregorian chant tones sung in English
- Typically, practices will be on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the Month (September – December)
- PRACTICE TIMES HAVE CHANGED to accommodate children
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm: Polyphony (Sacred Music repertoire – Adults, youth and Children)
- 8:10 – 8:40 pm (Optional) : Chant (Adults and interested youth and children)
- The choir will sing at Mass on the last Sunday of the month (9 am Mass)
- Practice will begin at 8:15 am (arrival at 8:10 am) before the Mass
- Mass will typically end about 10:00 am
- Fees will be based on interest and assessed at the end of September, but expectations are for fees to be around $70/person (4 months), with “Family Fees” set at $130 (2 people) and $180 (3 people and more). This allows us to pay our conductor and team leader, Dr. Brian Butcher, and to take seriously the need to support beauty and our musicians! Please talk to us if you cannot afford the fees.
- The choir leadership will follow the Archdiocese of Ottawa’s “Responsible Ministry” guidelines and requirements.
|Monday, Sep 11||Moved to Sep 11 because of Labour Day on Sep 4|
|Monday, Sep 18|
|Sunday, Sep 24||Anniversary of Dedication of St George’s Parish|
|Monday, Oct 2||Moved to Oct 2 because Thanksgiving Oct 9|
|Sunday, Oct 29||30th Sunday in OT|
|Possible Wed Nov 1 or Thurs Nov 2 (All Saints or All Souls)||To be confirmed|
|Monday, Nov 6|
|Monday, Nov 20|
|Sunday, November 26||Christ the King|
|Monday, Dec 4|
|Monday, Dec 11|
|Sunday, December 17, 11:30 - 1pm followed by potluck - Advent Concert||Advent Concert followed by potluck|
|Possible Christmas Eve Mass||TBC based on interest and availability|
Please confirm your interest (including names and ages of children) by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st , 2017 to Administrator, Tasha Kennedy: